If you find yourself here because you too live with the grief of the death of your precious baby please accept our sincere and compassionate sorrow for you as you experience this most difficult of journeys. We too walk this path. We are two bereaved mothers ourselves. Our own babies died suddenly and tragically, cause undetermined, in early 2013 a month apart. .
We found it hard to find support and resources that could help us, even a little, in those terrible early days. We decided to put together care packages for the other approximately 80 families affected by sudden infant death in Aotearoa each year in the hope that living with the loss of a baby may be made even slightly easier for others. It is our way of honouring and remembering our own children. It is the care package we wished we had received, that we desperately needed, and did not.
This website is the companion to the care packages where additional resources, support and information can be found.
xxx Catherine and Maibritt (Isla and Pema’s mums).
Thanks to our Generous Supporters!
Organisations who have helped us, that support what we are doing or that we have an association with:
- SIDS and Kids NZ (SIDS NZ)
- Victim Support
- SUDI Liaison Team
(Communio / NZ Coroner's Office)
- Joani Horchler, author of the SIDS and Infant Death Survival Guide from SIDS Educational Services in the USA
Individuals who have donated to us:
- Jenny Gaunt and family
- Nicolas Hewson
- Laura Wells and family
- Raglan Playcentre families
- Alyson Trent
- Nicola Benefield
- Asha Clark
- Greer Lees
- Aileen Davidson
- Sara Blake
- Andrea Baumberg
- Babara Rafoth
- Karen Greenbrook
- Charlotte Oliver
- Michael Beckett
- Sarah Bierre
- Anonymous donors
Companies / businesses:
- Captain Apricot (handmade clothing) - donated 10% of sales to us for November 2013
- Cut Loose Graphic Design- kindly doing work for us for free on our logo and resource formatting
- ABC Tissue NZ - provided tissues for care packages
- Artistic Expressions New Plymouth - decorated some memory boxes
- Ethereal Designs - provided rose quartz for the care packages
- Lanaya - donated packets of Forget-me-not seeds for our care packages
- Peejays Chocolates - gave us a generous discount on chocolate hearts for our care packages
- Philatelic Distributors Limited / Leuchtturm1917 - gave us a generous discount on blank journals for our care packages.
- Sophie Robbers Homeopathy - for input into some of our resources and offer of services to families affected by sudden infant death.